So the story starts with the car being purchased in April 2005, when only 6 months old from a chap who's family had got to big for the car. The car when I picked it up had the dealer fitted John Cooper Works engine upgrade, which took the standard car from 170bhp to 210bhp along with the reclining sparco dealer fit seats and the aerodynamic bodykit.
At this time the plan was to drive it, not modify it and move on to something faster. That plan lasted about 2 days when KW lowering springs were fitted and a set of Breyton Magic wheels I had in the garage got fitted.
A big turning point with the car was 2009 after a visit to the ring. Always being car mad and having grown out of the whole clubbing going out scene I wanted my stag do to be a memorable one so a road trip with a group of mates was planned. At this point the car had already changed majorly and was really a fast road / show car.
So early 2010 the car build got very out of hand, the coilovers had recently been upgraded from KW V2 to KW Clubsport, and I bought another MINI which I had been watching on eBay.
Although the car I bought looked tamer than mine it had a 2,000 mile old bottom end with forged pistons in and a turbo conversion. It was the first one built at 1320mini by them, Hubbie of ABF performance And Jay from Bytronic. Hubble had come over to help with how to build it and Jay to help tune it.
Now there were some bits I didn't like on the conversion which were to be changed on the build onto my car.
The bottom end was mated to my big valve head and conversion was started. I didn't like the top mount intercooler and found another chap in the mini scene selling a big front mount which was built by GRS Motorsport for a Gtt conversion which got replaced by a spec r setup as the chap seemed to like blowing money and MA Developments decided it was what he should do. This was plumbed into my car with new 550cc injectors and the car was run on wastegate pressure (15psi) making 310bhp
The car drove fine on gate pressure but every so often boost cut, this we thought was down to the car only running one t map sensor and it not being able to cope. After a year the car went back to 1320 for there standalone ECU separate boost sensors in the way of a cossie 3 bar jobbie with the mini one just to do temp readings, this allowed two boost settings to be run.
At this time the higher boost setting was on the steering wheel as a push to pass, now it's also on a switch so can be on high permenantly. Currently I would say it produces a bit less than that Dyno graph.
The car was also the cover car for modern mini magazine around this time
Renewed the chain tensioner, turbo gaskets as the turbo tried to unbolt itself at Anglesey in may, wrapped the flange and we found cracks, added a turbo blanket and an oil cooler and stat. Car is currently away at my friends being finished